Tuesday, December 21, 2010

And the year continues....

Wow so where did I leave off? June? Ok that sounds good. Man lots went on in June. A trip to Harpers Ferry with my sister and my best friend from way back when. Lots of walking for sure. Beautiful day with a few spurts of rain. It was just awesome to see my friend. Crazy how you can pick back up like there was never a stretch between.
There are some friends that no matter what are just the best thing ever. Thanks Mary for being you. Hmmm so now on to July. Well we went to Cinci, where Matthew cousins put on the most amazing home fireworks display ever! Seriously, City fireworks are poop compared to these! Victoria and Matthew were right there, front row for the display. Louden and I took refuge inside because it was rather loud for a baby's ears.
http://www.youtube.com/user/kimble09#p/u/16/tz6UB4CxP44
Here is the display shot with Matthew android. It was a pure fun weekend of swimming, food, and family. Looking forward to it next year!!!

Well I turned 30 in July. I didn't think I would of had a hard time turning 30 but I did! It made me look back on life and some of the things I just kindof said "what the fuck was I thinking" or "and I lived after that". They say your kids end up 10 times worse... I am so fucked. One awesome thing that happened was I got my new to me DSLR. Canon XSi. LOVE IT! This was one of the first pictures shot with my camera.
Sarah, came to visit that month too. We went to the zoo and just around Pittsburgh. It was a great visit! She was getting ready to start her first year teaching. Scary! She is doing really well! She has patients like Gandhi, I suppose you have to with 1st graders and in the area she is. Sarah, you amaze me.

August was a month of joy and heartache. My sister delivered her 5th baby, a girl after 4 boys! Yay to her! I guess the 5th times the charm. Now there is a woman I have no clue how she does it! She is going to school to finish her nursing degree, graduates in May! and is raising 5 kids. Wow. In the same week, my best friend lost her first born just a few days before her due date. Devastating. Child loss is hard no matter how far you are but being so close to having that baby in your arms. There are never any words that can be said for the pain and the hurt. Why? Why did this happen to one of the best people ever? Fuck, I wish I knew. She is a strong woman. She is doing as well to be expected and one hell of a strong woman. I am sitting here and there is just so much that runs through my head. Memories, hurt, questions. My friend and gummy bear culprit you are truly a amazing woman. So much love for you.

September kind of went by as a blur and so did October. Except Halloween! What a great Holiday. Victoria's friend Maya came over and the girls went trick or treating. It was cold! Oh my! Next year I am going for warmer costumes for both Victoria and Louden!!! She made out like a little bandit and she got her fill of candy much to her fathers objection. Hey the kid froze her ass for this, let her enjoy it! Grouch! November screamed by also. The kids and I went to our First Light Up Night and watched the fireworks and enjoyed the festivities. Matthew stayed home because he was too hung over to join us... The next day we went downtown to enjoy more of the festivities during the day! Yeah, Matthew didn't join us then either. Oh well! We still have fun! The kids saw Santa, elves and all kinds of neat stuff. The one cool thing was the huge metal tree that was in Oxford Square.

Thanksgiving we flew to Houston for the week with Matthew's stepdads family. What fun! I always like going there! the kids travel so great so it makes it easier. Brad deep fried a turkey which was sooo yummy! Oh my! I think everyone was picking the bones to get another morsel of that birdie goodness. Now its December. Wow.Time for the tree to get decorated, Santa pictures in, and Christmas shopping. So it leads me to where I am at right now. This year has passed me by so quickly but sitting here writing about it has helped me remember the little things that happened in the year. Next year is an all new adventure and I am looking forward to everyday, every hour, minute and second. I don't want to be 50 wondering where it went. Although I am sure I will...

2 comments:

  1. I know it wasn't you're intention but you totally made me cry! Words can't even express just how much i cherish our friendship. These past few months I have relied on those I am closest too, and you top the list, right there next to Patrick and my mom. Three completely different relationships, but relationships I know I can't live without. You really are the sister I never had. I am so happy you seem to have found your calling. You were meant to be a mom, I really believe that. No, your life probably isn't perfect but you live it the best way you know how. Your kids are lucky to have you, as am I. My life is better because you are in it. And I can't thank you enough for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary, you have no idea what that means. You made me cry. And my life is better because we are still friends and that we are still the same as before, just a little older.

    ReplyDelete