Saturday, December 4, 2010

Beer, Helping Married Couples Dance Since 1862...

Jeez. I couldn't tell you the last time my husband and I danced together before last night. It had to of been before I was pregnant with my now 2.5 year old. That is too damn long. Its amazing what you do when you just turn the TV off and turn on some good tune, Coldplay and such, and just talk. Okay, a little bit of alcohol was involved as well. Last night was great and I think dancing around the Living room needs to be in our lives a little more these days.

Sibling rivalry... that shit starts early. It started in our house the day Louden came home from the hospital, not bad but it was there. And honestly I couldn't blame her one bit.  She had Mommy and Daddy all to herself for 20 months and then here comes this little bundle that does nothing but sleeps, eats, and poops. Victoria is an amazing big sister and she slid into that role like butter on a hot pan. She helps with everything, even nursing her babies at the same time I nurse Louden. I try to watch myself telling her not to do something when she tries too hard because I want her to be involved. Here lately since Louden is a ton more mobile the rivalry is rearing its head... and it sucks. Poor little man gets smacked, bit, pushed over and sat on. I am seriously trying to learn how to deal with this. Yesterday Victoria sat in time out for 2 minutes and was allowed to come out ONLY if she told Louden she was sorry. Normally she will but not this time. This was a full blown toddler temper tantrum, the screaming of No she was not going to tell him she was sorry. This went on for a good 30 minutes. During this whole episode, I have the fucking Supernanny in my head saying "don't give in, don't give in" Damn. What a beating. But in the end it worked. She said she was sorry to Louden and even hugged him! SCORE! Plus, we didn't have any other incidences the rest of the day. They played together great and I am learning that she needs to know, hey Mom does not put up with this at all. Parenthood isn't easy and it sucks having to be the bad guy sometimes but it is the most rewarding thing I have ever done in my life. I just hope I don't screw my kids up. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment