Here lately I have been on a serious de-cluttering mission. I have just got to where, I don't need it or use it I am sure someone else will. Louden's baby clothes were in that mix as well. I have a friend that is due March 9th (Same DD as mine just a year later!) with a little boy so most of the clothes went there. I was sad going through the 3 totes of stuff but kept 1 tote for me as a memory set. Kind of like what I did with Victoria. Its good to see their clothes get used again. Another thing was I cut all my hair off! Yup, sure did! I was getting to the point either it went it or I was going to go it. But also it was long enough that I could donate it to the Locks of love!It was super sweet that the salon I had it cut at does the cut and style for free as well as send it in to the Locks of Love. I don't care about recognition so it didn't bother me for them to send it, all I car about is a kid that needs a kickin' hair style is going to be sporting some serious hair. Gives ya that warm fuzzy feeling =)
Bye bye hair! I hope you enjoy your new life!
As well as the de-cluttering, I have been trying to get our food budget under control. Here lately I have really been turning to The Pioneer woman Cooks. She has some really good cheap recipes! Of course I have to pick and choose but her stuff is awesome! Last night I made her whiskey glazed carrots minus the whiskey and while Matthew, Louden and I gobbled them up, Victoria just licked the glaze off. Ahhhh the beauty of having a picky eating 2 year old.... Thank goodness this is just a phase. I really enjoy cooking and its nice to have my daughter help me, because I hope that it will in turn teach her how to cook and be creative with her cooking. I just plop her little butt up on our small counter (my biggest regret about this townhouse, the kitchen) and we do it together. Its a great way to help teach colors and counting along with veggies and HOT!
Well I suppose it is time to get my day started. I have a lot to do and really don't want to do any of it. One perk for the day is a much needed play date at the mall and I can finally pick my necklace up that has been sitting there since December. Cheers (with coffee) to keeping warm and having fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment