So after a 3 day road trip and being pregnant on top of it we pulled into what was a deceiving piece of shit house. Really, your charging $1000 a month in rent for this!? Ok it may not of been that bad if I didn't have to clean the shit hole before I would let the guys even attempt to bring in stuff! It was so GROSSS!!!! I had cleaned so much gunk and dirt off the floor that I was one fuming woman!!!! I am still rather irked about that. We went through one of the worst winters that has hit Pittsburgh in a looong time, me hugely pregnant not knowing if I was going to get stuck out there in the boonies by myself with Victoria and the drunk woman down the road as my only savior. Needless to say we spent most of that winter in a hotel due to no heat or power. Now I can rough it and have no problems doing it but when the house is 50 degrees and dropping, its time to go. We survived. Victoria got to play in her first snow, go sled riding and just have fun so it wasn't all that bad. So many memories made no matter where we lived. it was a roof over our heads and heat most of the time It thawed out and low and behold its March! Holy crap! 3 months, flew! (Although it didn't feel like it at the time) My wonderful OB scheduled me for a voluntary induction for March 5th but I was bumped to March 8th. Had all kinds of family in to help with Victoria, which I don't think I could ever thank them enough for that!!! I got hooked up and ready for the induction, armed with my rainbow socks and pig tails. I was ready for this baby to say hello!!! Had a bet going with the lady in the next room to see who would deliver first. It was both our second child and both were 3 cm going in. Yeah she won by 2 hours... I had the best nurse ever during the process. She stayed with me the whole time. When she had to tap my veins for the IVs I told her to do the right hand because it was a better vein... boy was it. Blood came gushing out. First thing that I said was "Matthew don't look" so what does he do... he looks and he went white! haha! Poor guy cannot stand blood! It was def more blood then you would expect from a simple poke. Victoria was able to come in and out of the room. She got to sit with me and watch a little tv, :) This baby was taking forever to get here!!!! Good golly! So they break my water and nothing. I think at 4 I was at 6 or 7cm then my nurse cathed me at 4:30ish and I looked at her after she finished and said, I have to push and I have to push now. Matthew was out of the room, like he was with Victoria when that happened. So they set everything up, all the lights and all that stuff, 2 series of pushes all in the time of 5 minutes and there he was, plopped on my chest and a beautiful healthy baby boy. Thank You God.
Still one of my favorite pictures to date. I have my healthy son and my healthy daughter. I couldn't be more blessed. I could probably fill the pages with so much more talk of this but I have so many more months to cover!!!
End of April... Moving time! Wooo hoo! Out of that shit hole we go! We bought a townhome in Bridgeville, close to the city and civilization! woot! Victoria's 2nd birthday was fast approaching! Oh my!!! My baby girl is turning 2. Where has it gone? We had a small party here and Maya came! Yay! Her BFF.
![]() |
| Thanks Rosa for taking the pictures! |
June was so much fun! Spray parks, outdoors as much as possible and enjoying the mild, compared to Texas, summer! What a great time! I don't think we spent much time indoors at all! Between visiting family and relazing, it was a wonderful start to the summer! Well looks like I may have to finish up the rest of the year tonight. Nap time is over and coffee is finished so it is back to mommyhood! I love this Life for sure! There is so much in this past year that I could write for days!


You know, I hate to say it, but I'm so jealous of you. In a good way of course! I can't wait to one day have a beautiful family like yours. I'm so glad you're closer to home now! I wish you a wonderful 2011!
ReplyDeleteMary, thank you. I am so glad I am closer to home too. I wish you happiness in 2011 and I hope your dreams come true this coming year.
ReplyDelete